Earlier this month we were really excited to open up applications again for our renowned Graduate Design Scheme.
Our culture is to nurture and develop new designers who have been taught the fundamental basics of good design at undergraduate level, including typography, information design, layout skills and concept development. We look for people who have the enthusiasm and potential to become the very best editorial designers. However, last year due to Covid we were unable to do so, primarily because there is so much on the job training that doing this remotely is a huge ask and challenge for grads!
However, this year Covid won’t stop us and we are once again on the look out for graduates who want to come and start their career with us.
Are you a good fit?
- Top of our list are people with an excellent eye for detail, and a particular interest in / aptitude for editorial design.
- We’re looking for someone who enjoys balancing creativity and technical accuracy.
- A good mix of academic ability and artistic flair is ideal.
- If you’re a problem solver and you love a puzzle, chances are you’ll fit right in!
- Download our grad pack from our website to find out loads more about us and the work.
Want to be rewarded?
- Paid Overtime or convert it to time off in lieu.
- Private health care with Vitality – which gives you access to lots of membership benefits and discounts on top of a very comprehensive private health insurance scheme, including enhanced access to mental health care. You can also add family members to your policy.
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free 24/7 confidential helpline.
- Bonus scheme paid yearly based on reaching our profit target. Plus other rewards to recognise outstanding achievement and attitude.
- Contributory pension scheme which rises to match your 5% contribution once you’ve been with us for 5 years.
- Cycle and tech schemes.
- We offer long standing service bonuses at 5, 10, 15+ years to recognise loyal members of the team.
- We increase your holiday above the statutory allowance for each year of service, currently up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Relocation package available if required.
- Extensive on the job training.
- Starting salary £20,150 with salary reviews (at appraisals).
This is not an internship/work experience, this is a real life job with amazing career prospects for designers who want to start their career with us. The role is full-time (37.5 hours) and based at our studio in Oakley, Bedfordshire.
Want to apply?
Apply by 21st May with your CV and Portfolio (it’s important to send these in as a PDF for us to look at) to be in with a chance of being selected to firstname.lastname@example.org