The role of Publishing Services Manager is to oversee our Publishing Services department’s day-to-day needs as well as its ongoing growth as part of the senior management team. The role is responsible for bringing the multi-faceted, non-design tasks within the studio together. The role encompasses a business development side where, along with other senior managers, the department looks for areas to grow into, including adding in new services and skills as well as bringing in its own cash-flow, profitably and sustainably.
The Publishing Services Manager is the department’s champion and representative at senior management level as well as reporting key information to board meetings. They work closely with the Production Manager to further develop systems and processes that help structure the department both in terms of workload but also financial and performance related information.
A successful candidate will:
- possess a drive to always be making improvements
- have an analytical approach to strategically better the department and company
- have the personality and acumen to develop new contacts and business
- be expected to be an advocate for the company at industry events/networking opportunities
- have experience of managing a team
- have experience of project management
- be at an advantage if they have worked in a similar role (such as Commissioning Editor, Senior Project Manager) within the publishing/media/service based industry.
A full job description, including person spec and competency framework, is available to read here.
This is a full-time position based at our studio. To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th October. This is a complex role, so if you don’t meet all of the job specifications, then it may still be worth applying. We have a culture of training people and developing skills.
EMC Design is an equal opportunities employer.