Publishing Services Manager
The Publishing Services team is an integral part of the company which supplements and supports our core design services. The role of Publishing Services Manager is to oversee the department’s day-to-day needs as well as its ongoing growth as part of the senior management team. The role is responsible for bringing the multi-faceted, non-design tasks within the studio together, ensuring all aspects of these elements (editorial production, quality control, art-buying, project management) are delivered on-time, to budget and with our exacting standards for quality.
A successful candidate will:
- possess a drive to always be making improvements
- have an analytical approach to strategically better the department and company
- have the personality and acumen to develop new contacts and business
- be expected to be an advocate for the company at industry events/networking opportunities
- have experience of managing a team
- have experience of project management
- have an advantage if they have worked in a similar role (such as Commissioning Editor, Senior Project Manager) within the publishing/media/service based industry.
Please read the Publishing Services Manager job pack for a full description of the roll, including person spec and competency framework.
Salary £32,900 to £40,000 dependant on experience
Closing date: 4th October, 5pm
We are looking for designers who represent our core values; hard work, honesty, reliability, equality and collaboration. Ambitious and keen to learn, the ideal candidates will be able to develop with the support of our experienced team to become ambassadors and role models for all that we do, creatively and technically, to provide clients with our world-class service within educational and ELT publishing.
If you have;
- A degree or HND in Typography or Graphic Design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to learn and get the job done
- Interest in editorial design, publishing and books
Then we would love to offer you, amongst other things;
- A competitive salary
- Supportive environment with on the job training and room for personal development
- Flexible working on Fridays
- Paid overtime
- Access to profit-sharing scheme
- Access to employee assistance program
- Discounts on technology and bicycles
- Relocation Package
Closing date: 31st October, 5pm